Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My 2 weeks of summer vacation - 2009

after the most grueling semester by far...i couldn't be more excited for a little rest & relaxation...

i told myself i was not going to read any kind of book or write any papers...(even writing this journal is demanding on my brain...)...but i thought i'd write in my journal because i doubt i'll be able to write anything else in the summer....

so what did i do during my vacation.....

1) I SLEPT!!!!!!! i would wake up around 9....fall asleep again and officially get up at 11....

2) I NAPPED!!!!! i took naps around 2:30 (even after i woke up at 11)

3) I CAUGHT UP ON ALL MY TV SHOWS...and watched korean drama...haha! yes! i watch asian dramas now... :)

4) Cleaned my room....threw away a lot of papers...study guides...etc...i'm sure my parents are happy about that....

so that's what i did in a nutshell....

but here are some highlights with photos :)

May 30,2009 - ACS reunion at JUMPA THAI in garden grove

ACS (my old work place at csulb) had a little gathering...it was more of the newer generation there...i was considered the oldest since i graduated in 2004...our boss lady wanted us to invite more of the older peeps...so hopefully they'll come out even though they don't know the newer generation....

funny story - not everybody knows that Chi and I are together....so we were placed on different tables...the boss lady is pretty close to Chi so she wanted him to sit near her, of course...lol...so later during the meal, CHI and the BOSS LADY have this conversation...

boss lady: so chi...are you dating anyone?
chi: yes....
boss lady: oh really? why didn't you bring her?
chi: uhhhh....she is here...
john kim: oh yea...she's here with you in spirit?
boss lady: really?!?!?! where?
chi: there...(and points behind to where i'm sitting)
boss lady: where?!

lol...i think it was hard for her to believe that we got together...i'm still in shock myself :)




May 31, 2009

we went to the SAN DIEGO ZOO!!!!!!!

i haven't been to the zoo since the 1st or 2nd grade...i didn't know how much fun the zoo was... :) i felt like a kid again




1 comment:

GeNeLLe said...

you went to the san diego zoo?!? I LOOOOVE that zoo. it's soooo freakin huge though! but awesome! <3