Thursday, December 31, 2009

Fall 2009


This semester has been a whirlwind of school stuff that it’s so hard for me to look back and remember the things that happened….so this entry might not make any sense because it’s going to be random thoughts about the semester….


508 – vulnerable populations….never had sooooo many people dislike a teacher so much. She really made people feel uncomfortable about assignments and fear plagiarism…oh! And I hated doing discussion boards for this class….it’s like we had one EVERY week….and she expected so much….it felt like writing a paper every week for that class…gahhh!!! So glad it’s over


508L – the only thing good about this class was that it my group members and I a reason to get together and visit agencies and go to ROSCOE’s! haha! It was fun ray and kat J


511 – all I have to say is….that SYNTHESIS paper was a waste of time!


551 – the semester started off rough with almost half of the class dropping to go into another pharm class….there was only 12 of us left in that class…thankfully our professor lightened up and it wasn’t a horrible class after all…yay!


595/597 – don’t really have much to say except that I didn’t do anything for my project during the semester….but now that I am not in school and clinicals…I need to really step it up and finish up my project during this break….


Externship – I was very blessed to have an awesome preceptor….MS. AMY A….i learned a lot from this externship….i can’t imagine not practicing my skills for a year and trying to get a job….even with a week off…coming back to work was hard…I’m praying that the next semester isn’t TOO crazy that I’ll be able to juggle all the classes, leadership preceptorship….and externing….LORD! BE MY STRENGTH!


I have to say it again…I really don’t think I could have finished the semester without my friends…in this program…you really need a good support system…and I am so blessed to have my nursing friends….and all the people around me praying and loving me…THANK YOU!


And of course…thank you LORD for being my strength and continuing to bless me with these life challenges that make me stronger…


Some pics from the semester...

minority conference at UCLA


and this is how we ended the semester...



this is how we studied for pharm.... :)


1 comment:

Theresa T said...

Love the post! I completely agree that I could not have gotten through the past semester (or 2 yrs of school) without all of our nursing friends & their support! Thanks for always being there for me, Jenn! :D